Girls Rock! DC is still looking for a summer camp space! If you or anyone you know has any leads please email email@example.com or call Jenn at 202-487-5366
Here are the details of our camp space needs:
Dates and Times
- Late July or early August 2015
- Access to space for approximately 9-16 days (1 or 2 weeks of camp, including weekends before and after)
- Monday through Friday for 1 camp week
- Weekend prior to start of camp for instrument load in, camp set up and volunteer training
- Weekend following the camp week for clean up
- Camp runs from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Organizers arrive as early as 7:30 am and stay as late as 7:00 pm.
Our Space Needs (needs can be adjusted to specific availability)
- Girls Rock! DC’s programs serve 50-60 campers and 80-100 volunteers per camp week. We need:
- One large room, hall, auditorium or cafeteria for assemblies, lunch, performances and workshops. This space should have access to power outlets.
- Between 6-18 smaller rooms for instrument instruction, band practice and workshops, with access to power outlets. (The number of rooms depends entirely on the number of campers we are able to accommodate at our host site and can be adjusted accordingly.)
- One smaller room or private area for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Counselor.
- One smaller room or station for the Registered Nurse.
- One room with computer/internet access to be used as the camp organizers’ headquarters.
- One room that can be used as a Volunteer Lounge.
- Access to kitchen with refrigerator for camper and volunteer lunches.
- Access to an art room if possible – we provide all supplies.
- Outdoor space for games and workshops if possible.
- Elevator access is appreciated if building is 2 stories or more.
- Ramps that make entrances and exits fully accessible are also desirable.
- Secure site to leave musical equipment and other gear and supplies throughout location is essential.
During our camp week, we teach instrument instruction in electric guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, vocals and DJing. Thus, our program gets very loud. It is preferable to use the space at times when no other students are in the building, and when teachers and other staff do not mind sharing their classrooms and space with us and will not be bothered or deterred from completing work by the noise we create.
We also decorate the space in hallways, on doors, and within rooms but make sure to not damage any property or leave anything behind.
The space needs to be accessible to people of all abilities.
The ability to copy and print is ideal and Girls Rock! DC commits to reimbursement for any expenses incurred by the space providers.