Girls Rock! DC Goals
- To provide our campers with self-empowerment, self-advocacy and leadership skills and guidance to use these skills in a positive and ethical manner, as well as opportunities to practice these skills.
- To provide our campers with the team-working skills and practice spaces they need to successfully participate in a collaborative musical group and create their own original musical expression.
- To develop among our campers a sense of history, community and pride for women in rock, including a sense that they are part of that movement and can affect positive social change through the tool of music.
- To provide basic and advanced instruction in instrumentation and creative composition of a song.
- To introduce campers to the experiences of musical recording and performance.
Girls Rock! DC Principles:
- All Girls Rock! DC camp activities will promote and maintain the personal and emotional safety of all campers and staff regardless of socio-economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation or other individual identities.
- Girl Rock! DC will function administratively as a non-profit, non-hierarchical, woman powered, volunteer organization that demonstrates and operates within the female empowerment and collaboration standards our camp seeks to promote in our campers.